Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A location on a macromolecule or cellular structure at which chemical interaction with a specific active substance takes place.
- ‘The same pauses and jumps were observed in unzipping fork dynamics and were attributed to protein binding sites.’
- ‘Alternatively, it could have been due to another binding site within the channel.’
- ‘The mutations caused a different pattern of cofactor interaction within the enzyme binding site.’
- ‘In addition to this recognition site, there is often a second downstream binding site with less similarity to the operator sequence.’
- ‘However, many of these binding sites span two nucleic acid molecules.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.