One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A location on a macromolecule or cellular structure at which chemical interaction with a specific active substance takes place.
- ‘The same pauses and jumps were observed in unzipping fork dynamics and were attributed to protein binding sites.’
- ‘Alternatively, it could have been due to another binding site within the channel.’
- ‘The mutations caused a different pattern of cofactor interaction within the enzyme binding site.’
- ‘However, many of these binding sites span two nucleic acid molecules.’
- ‘In addition to this recognition site, there is often a second downstream binding site with less similarity to the operator sequence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.