A connector consisting of a threaded screw to which bare wires are attached and held in place by a nut.
- ‘The rear of the Sigma 6.2's cabinet is fitted with beefy, gold-plated WBT binding posts and a Speakon connector with gold contacts, affording alternative methods to connect the monitor to a power amp.’
- ‘Speaker output is available on Speakon connectors and touch-proof binding posts that accept bare wire, spade lugs and dual-banana plugs.’
- ‘Also note that they hook in parallel to the speaker terminals via standard speaker cable to a standard binding post.’
- ‘To install, simply drill a 1/4" hole and gently tap the binding post in place.’
- ‘All of the Z800 speakers are rated at an impedance of 8 ohms, and have binding post connectors on the back, able to accept a bare wire or banana plugs.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.