Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A connector consisting of a threaded screw to which bare wires are attached and held in place by a nut.
- ‘Speaker output is available on Speakon connectors and touch-proof binding posts that accept bare wire, spade lugs and dual-banana plugs.’
- ‘To install, simply drill a 1/4" hole and gently tap the binding post in place.’
- ‘The rear of the Sigma 6.2's cabinet is fitted with beefy, gold-plated WBT binding posts and a Speakon connector with gold contacts, affording alternative methods to connect the monitor to a power amp.’
- ‘All of the Z800 speakers are rated at an impedance of 8 ohms, and have binding post connectors on the back, able to accept a bare wire or banana plugs.’
- ‘Also note that they hook in parallel to the speaker terminals via standard speaker cable to a standard binding post.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.