One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Carefree, fashionable, and independent-minded.‘Bollywood's most bindaas babe’
- ‘Mid-day has a unique character which can be summed up in a single word: bindaas.’
- ‘I love that bindaas character and I would love to do similar roles.’
- ‘Women wearing gold ornaments sleep near the window, all bindaas.’
- ‘I miss the bindaas attitude and the Bombaiya Hindi.’
- ‘Nrityagram was the brainchild of Protima Bedi, a Bombay bindaas girl who took to Orissi at the late age of 35 and went on to become its best promoter.’
Gujarati bin-dās, literally ‘without servitude’, from Sanskrit vinā + dāsya.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.