One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A system for coding a number in which each digit of a decimal number is represented individually by its binary equivalent.
- ‘Naturally, it would be easy to design a special circuit for the binary coded decimal arithmetic.’
- ‘Design of a compact reversible binary coded decimal adder circuit.’
- ‘The performance of BCD operations can be improved through a redundant binary coded decimal representation which leads to carry-free operations.’
- ‘We have many types of switch products that provide binary coded decimal output available.’
- ‘The name of any data type stored and manipulated in decimal digits at the binary level is binary coded decimal or BCD for short.’
- 1.1count noun A number represented using the binary coded decimal system.
- ‘My program is supposed to convert 8 bit binary numbers to binary coded decimal numbers. e.g..’
- ‘When John wrote 1,900 years ago, he did not know anything about the binary number system, computers, or why computers would require binary coded decimals.’
- ‘But this is actually a binary coded decimal 9 since only values from 0 to 9 are used 0000 to 1001.’
- ‘This is illustrated in FIG.1 wherein six digits of binary coded decimals are recorded for a specific frame.’
- ‘In its 1972 Gottschalk v. Benson decision, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that an innovative method for transforming binary coded decimals into pure binary form could not be patented, even’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.