One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A coding system using the binary digits 0 and 1 to represent a letter, digit, or other character in a computer or other electronic device.
- ‘Adleman realized that the genetic code can be used, just like the binary code of computer science, to encode mathematical problems.’
- ‘A ‘bit’ in normal computer chips can only encode data as one of two possibilities: either a one or a zero - the numbers that make up binary code.’
- ‘The company does say that it's giving ‘free access to the Solaris source and end-user binary code,’ and it also says it will no longer charge a licence fee for the use of runtime software on systems with eight processors or fewer.’
- ‘Boxes are required to translate the digital binary code back to analog signals for viewing.’
- ‘The image is digitised into binary code and saved as a computer file.’
- ‘It's well known that computers transmit information digitally, using binary code: ones and zeros.’
- ‘Method for fast execution of translated binary code utilizing database cache for low-level code correspondence’
- ‘Another is that it uses a process called ‘preparation by compilation’ which effectively means that SQL is compiled into binary code and then held in memory, where it can be (re-) executed as required.’
- ‘The first, for a school for electrical engineers at Valence, resulted in a facade graphic of binary code digits, heat-bonded onto glass sun-screens.’
- ‘Examples of this are ASCII text for e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, etc., or computer OS executable binary code.’
- ‘In an attempt to find order in chaos, network defenders across the globe took on the Honeynet Project's Reverse Challenge - to analyse and decipher binary code captured in the wild…’
- ‘As we labored over the disassembled kernel, we found an odd bit of repetitive binary code.’
- ‘Here, a division of the world in two groups is made, with binary code as a symbol for computer knowledge as the distinguishing characteristic.’
- ‘Lynn said he worked with reverse-engineered binary code - 1s and 0s - which is much harder to piece together, but he did it.’
- ‘The cost of Windows without IE would also have to be reduced in proportion the reduction in binary code size.’
- ‘Code Morphing turns binary code into an undecipherable mess that is not similar to normal compiled code, and completely hides execution logic of the protected code.’
- ‘In themselves, electronic texts have no materiality, existing as patterns of binary code stored on floppy disks, CD-ROMs, hard drives, zip drives or Internet servers.’
- ‘Developers must translate most software from PowerPC to x86 binary code.’
- ‘Experts differ on whether the primary focus for security should source code or binary code.’
- ‘So most of the MAPI properties programmers tag wind up as binary code they would not recognize.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.