One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One of the last bottles from a bin of wine, usually sold at a reduced price.
- ‘Last week I had thought that Majestic Wine Warehouse's bin-ends and Lay & Wheeler's 200-strong Great Warehouse Sale were the best I was likely to see this year.’
- ‘These include some of the shop's stars, rather than the more traditional bin-end bargains.’
- ‘Lay & Wheeler's sale is always worth raiding, and this year burgundy hogs their bin-ends.’
- ‘Traditional logic would dictate that you march out to the discount store and find something on sale or probe the bin-ends of your local bottle shop to get those last few discontinued items.’
- ‘If all Majestic's 103 warehouses are to have a crack at this juicy bin-end, then each will carry only a limited, mixed-bag selection that will fly out of the branches the minute it arrives this weekend.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.