Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘If the organ is bimanually palpable, it is a kidney since the spleen can't be palpated bimanually.’
- ‘However, the activations of these areas during bimanually coordinated motions have not been fully investigated by the functional imaging studies.’
- ‘Children aged 30-37 months completed computer-mediated symmetric and asymmetric tasks unimanually and bimanually.’
- ‘The investigators say that if clinicians are confident of findings obtained bimanually, little is likely to be gained by speculum examination.’
- ‘We investigated a bimanually coordinated drawer pulling/reach and grasp task in 10 healthy volunteers.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.