One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Performed with both hands.
- ‘When I switched to bimanual manipulation and, incidentally, began using my weak-hand thumb to cock the hammer, my speed and accuracy increased and the tendency to land key-holed shots on target disappeared.’
- ‘Whereas Kanzi developed this skill over a 2-yr period, Panbanisha's bimanual technique was oriented toward the edges of the stone almost from the beginning.’
- ‘Often I get a bimanual pelvic exam done at the same time as a Pap smear, which is supposed to be done once a year.’
- ‘Perform bimanual examination in recovery area or delivery room.’
- ‘Following visual inspection, the physician next performs a vaginal evaluation with one finger before performing the bimanual evaluation to minimize confusion arising from abdominal tenderness.’
- ‘In addition, the cervix and upper vaginal walls should be palpated carefully during the bimanual examination to feel for thickening that might indicate adenosis or clear cell adenocarcinoma.’
- ‘While performing the bimanual examination, levator ani muscle function can be evaluated by asking the patient to tighten her ‘vaginal muscles’ and hold the contraction as long as possible.’
- ‘He recommended putting the patient under an anesthetic and performing a bimanual examination ‘per rectum and through the abdomen’.’
- ‘The curriculum delivered to the laywomen covered female anatomy and physiology, communication and teaching skills, infection control, and how to do a speculum and bimanual examination.’
- ‘The rectal or bimanual examination as part of the pelvic examination in healthy women has proved unnecessary in women younger than 50 years.’
- ‘For example, in the bimanual coordination task used by Kelso, Holt, Rubin, and Kugler, these spontaneous modes correspond to two intrinsic attractors: the in-phase and antiphase coordination modes.’
- ‘Their confirmation as such must be made at a bimanual pelvic examination.’
- ‘The tasks in these two studies were different: Subjects were asked to swing under parallel bars in Delignieres et al.'s experiment and to perform a bimanual coordination task with a 2: 1 frequency ratio in Swinnen et al.'s experiment.’
- ‘Then, a bimanual examination with nonsterile gloves should be performed to determine the position of the uterus.’
- ‘Axillae can be examined with one hand, but the breasts are best examined with a bimanual technique using digital pads.’
- ‘If the bimanual examination cannot be done, pelvic ultrasound examination is an option.’
- ‘In Britain, cervical Papanicolaou's smears are performed every five years and do not necessarily include bimanual examinations.’
- ‘In patients with deep dyspareunia, the speculum examination should follow the bimanual examination because localization of pain is crucial in these patients.’
- ‘I have my patients stand while I perform a bimanual examination and try to feel for Bartholin's gland enlargement, prolapse, cystocele, rectocele and tightening of the vaginal muscles on digital insertion.’
- ‘An abdominal bimanual examination is recommended; do a cervical smear if it is due.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.