One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having or consisting of two lobes.
- ‘The posterior edge of the frontal is bilobate owing to the strongly notched exit of the supraorbital canal on to the parietal.’
- ‘Definitely ends of such units show only a ventral furrow and traces of continuous burrowing are always bilobed.’
- ‘Some show a series of V-shaped markings indicating movement on the surface; others consist of elongated bilobed trails, convex down and with oblique striations formed by the legs, which are probably related to burrowing activity.’
- ‘Pistil morphology in almond is characterized by a circular, bilobed stigmatic surface that expands slightly in a fan-like manner beyond an elongated and cylindrical style.’
- ‘A naidid's body is nearly transparent, allowing easy viewing of its inner workings: its bilobed brain, its pulsating blood vessels, its muscles and stomach, and even its lunch are plainly visible to anyone who cares to look.’
- ‘In spite of this, Chen et al. claim that the rostral part of the brain was bilobed.’
- ‘Within the spectrum of trace fossils represented in the Kessyusa Formation there is a gradation from three-lobed shallow burrows to fully submerged burrows with a round cross-section to horizontal trails with a bilobed lower surface.’
- ‘It is bilobate, divided by a moderately deep anteromedian groove.’
- ‘Type B genes are expressed particularly in the leaflike regions on both sides in the bilobed cephalic ganglion.’
- ‘It is not easy to reconcile vertically and horizontally bilobed sheets with any normal mode of organism activity and it is possible that inorganic processes may have modified the structure.’
- ‘Could the quadrilateral, bilobate, two-platform ground plan of H1 and its plank floor correspond to a structure from that earlier, initial Thule occupation, on top of which early Classic Thule people settled during the 13 th century?’
- ‘By weeks 6-7 the characteristic bilobed structure can be distinguished.’
- ‘The cell is 12 to 15 m in diameter and usually has a bilobed nucleus.’
- ‘The uppermost cell in a colony has a conical episome; the bottom cell in a colony has a bilobed hyposome.’
- ‘Oil gland bilobed and tufted (except in Tanysiptera)’
- ‘A semicircular alcove (east alcove) enlarges the central space of H5 - W, making the contours of this dwelling bilobate, whereas the central space of H5 - E is merely widened by a small niche in the east wall.’
- ‘The distal end bears nine very short filaments, each terminating in a bilobed anther.’
- ‘House 8, a large bilobate semi-subterranean structure, dates approximately between A.D. 1850 and 1900.’
- ‘Initial ultrasound examination shows a large bilobed mass straddling both lobes of the liver with displacement, but not occlusion, of intrahepatic vessels.’
- ‘For the bilobed species, all data presented are from the upper lobe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.