Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘By means of an exceptional system (dynamic billposting, Internet banners,…), the organizations hope to make the public aware of the need to take a stand in the debate which is currently raging in the world of sports.’
- ‘Eleven New York City billposting firms were united into the Van Buren and New York Billposting Company.’
- ‘Not only does it impact on our leading position on billposting large format in France, it also reinforces our position as the leader in customised billboard campaigns.’
- ‘What other billposting could possibly confer such a high profile to the trade image you project onto the younger crowd?’
- ‘The magazine was launched in the fall of 1894 by two partners, William H. Donaldson and James H. Hennegan, as a publication for the billposting business.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.