One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘No other land is in sight, only an ocean without end and its own billowy breath rising as cumulus clouds that seem far more substantive than the tiny landforms below.’
- ‘There's a great sense of fantasy about billowy clothes.’
- ‘All very well to feel nourished in the billowy comfort of my nightie; huffing myself into work clothes this morning took almost an hour longer than expected!’
- ‘According to the show's host, big and billowy are this year's watchwords for bridal wear, and green could be this year's hot colour - despite old myths about the colour's potential to influence a marriage in the wrong way.’
- ‘Endless stretches of water, gleaming rivers and gliding boats framed within the vibrant shades of green paddy fields and blue skies dotted with billowy white clouds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.