One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
in combination Having a beak or bill of a specified kind.‘black-billed and yellow-billed cuckoos’
- ‘There is no evidence of the prior existence of a divergent population of sharp-billed ground finches.’
- ‘The red-billed gull is listed as a nationally vulnerable New Zealand bird on the list of threatened birds.’
- ‘We see two American coots, which are black, white-billed rails that behave very similarly to ducks.’
- ‘I had the place all to myself, except for the swans and orange-billed oystercatchers.’
- ‘Long-billed dowitchers usually nest on the ground near water.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.