One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A certificate of transfer of personal property, used especially where something is transferred as security for a debt.
- ‘Imagine my surprise when, sandwiched in between the bill of sale, I found a set of black and white photos taken in 1961.’
- ‘We were within one day of delivering this airplane, had prepared the bill of sale and had written you advising cancellation of the registration.’
- ‘A photo and a supporting document, such as a bill of sale, may be added.’
- ‘Ten years later when the cousins reunite, Laura's gazing into death's gaping mouth, having suffered a possessive, repressive marriage to a man who violated their vows and acted as if the marriage contract were a bill of sale.’
- ‘Under the legislation, a bill of sale by way of security is void if not in statutory form or registered.’
- ‘When his client prompts him, he admits it would go faster if he could hire assistants to examine the bills of sale, the tax assessments, the census records.’
- ‘On or about June 6, 2001, Triple Pizza executed a bill of sale under which Triple Pizza sold MAA the assets of the restaurant and the ‘goodwill’ of the franchised business.’
- ‘He looked after the mares until she got settled, branded the colts with his brand, and gave her a bill of sale.’
- ‘These are all things that STI delivers, even though they are not separately itemized on the bill of sale, and that is why STI is a going and healthy concern.’
- ‘With the car, Lionel and his partners also inherited the car's original paperwork, including the bill of sale for £13,000.’
- ‘The wife has produced no documentation such as a bill of sale or a transfer of title document to confirm the alleged sale price of $12, 000.00.’
- ‘EU legislation means that every boat and trailer must have its bill of sale, Vat receipt and CE approval certificate.’
- ‘By the same token, a mortgagee of the goods who registers his bill of sale or, where the debtor is a company, his charge, is bound to defeat the claim of the creditor to whom the goods are hypothecated.’
- ‘It included a certified copy of the bill of sale, absence of which had been one of the grounds given for rejection on first presentation.’
- ‘The bill of sale will be calculated in Euros and the manual written in French.’
- ‘I'll see if I can rustle up the bill of sale for you.’
- ‘But I believe it was my senior partner that held the real bill of sale.’
- ‘Arizona reptile collectors thus take reticulated Gila monsters across the state line, sell them, and then immediately buy them back, so that the creature comes with a California bill of sale.’
- ‘It can usually be identified only by apprentices' signatures or other documentation, such as a bill of sale.’
- ‘We all know in a regular sale we have a bill of sale, invoice or purchase order which has been drawn up, and the work is transferred subject to their terms and conditions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.