Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for bilharzia (the disease)
- ‘Intestinal bilharziasis (or schistosomiasis) is becoming more and more frequent among Canadian travellers who come in contact with natural soft waters in tropical countries.’
- ‘In this paper, the evaluation of two features in predicting the outcomes of patients with bilharziasis bladder cancer has been investigated using an RBF neural network.’
- ‘ABOUT 1 million Chinese suffer from infectious snail fever (schistomasis or bilharziasis) but new research by Shanghai geneticists into the dangerous worm has brought some hope of controlling the disease.’
- ‘There are three types of bilharziasis: Schistosoma haematobium, Schistosoma mansoni and Schistosoma japonicum.’
- ‘Urinary bilharziasis has typical ultrasonographic features, but may occur with no morphological lesion detectable on ultrasonography.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.