One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A film two molecules thick (formed e.g. by lipids), in which each molecule is arranged with its hydrophobic end directed inwards towards the opposite side of the film and its hydrophilic end directed outwards.
- ‘There is much interest in understanding the interaction of peptides with lipid bilayers at atomic detail.’
- ‘The area/molecule provides a test and guide for simulations of lipid bilayers.’
- ‘Due to this increase, voids are created in the hydrophobic core of the lipid bilayer.’
- ‘These proteins also formed ion channels in lipid bilayers and were selective for monovalent cations.’
- ‘All of the PCP molecules were inserted manually inside and outside the lipid bilayer.’
- ‘Moreover, membrane proteins can interact with lipid bilayers in complex, multifaceted ways.’
- ‘This comparison suggests that the cholesterol crystalline film is three bilayers thick.’
- ‘Biological membranes are formed from lipid bilayers and membrane proteins.’
- ‘One consists of lipid bilayers alternating with layers of DNA in a multilayer arrangement.’
- ‘Planar bilayers of lipid molecules are aggregates formed by two frustrated monolayers.’
- ‘Presumably in the process, the protein is reconstituted into the lipid bilayers that make up the cubic phase.’
- ‘Several studies examined the incorporation of proteins or large molecules into lipid bilayers.’
- ‘In other words, cholesterol modifies the packing of molecules in bilayers.’
- ‘One of the most important quantities describing lipid bilayers is the average area per molecule.’
- ‘In this article we have presented a mesoscopic model for lipid bilayers with embedded proteins.’
- ‘An uneven number of lipids on both sides of the bilayer reflects a frustrated system.’
- ‘Another population analysis describes the void that is formed by the peptide in the lipid bilayer.’
- ‘Hydration plays a major role in the orientation of peptides in lipid bilayers.’
- ‘This technique allows to image domains in binary or ternary mixtures of lipids in monolayers and bilayers.’
- ‘Lipid parameters were as in previous studies of lipid bilayers and membrane proteins.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.