One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of hatha yoga characterized by a set series of postures and breathing exercises, performed in a room heated to a very high temperature.
- ‘Of course, Bikram yoga isn't the only popular practice right now.’
- ‘Several thousand instructors nationwide are certified to teach Bikram yoga.’
- ‘Corbett practices Bikram yoga, trains with weights and, while not a strict vegetarian, can't remember the last time she ate meat.’
- ‘Bikram yoga, commonly known as "hot yoga," builds physical and mental strength, balance and flexibility.’
- ‘I practise Bikram yoga and visit a spa for a manicure, pedicure, waxing and a facial.’
1980s: named after the Indian yoga teacher Bikram Choudhury (b. 1946), who developed it.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.