Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Scanty briefs worn by women as underwear.
- ‘A Web site that featured images of young wrestlers in bikini briefs was voluntarily shut down after questions were raised about its content and purpose.’
- ‘There are briefs of many varieties: bikini briefs, boxer briefs, thongs, jockstrap briefs (essentially jockstraps with seats).’
- ‘Images of the Rome festivities, featured on various homosexual websites, shows throngs of shirtless men in shorts and bikini briefs congregated on the streets, some of them holding hands.’
- ‘My wife in her silky soft panties and I in a tight pair of white silk or cotton bikini briefs.’
- ‘I wasn't aware that I was wearing disposable pants, although I felt they were too low at the front: like 1970s bikini briefs.’
- ‘Doesn't she know if she's going to try to dress like a twenty-year-old she should wear a black thong to complete the look, not bikini briefs?’
- ‘There's even people skiing in bikinis - one buxom blonde bunny in a blue bikini certainly caught my attention, as surely as the guy skiing in his bikini briefs made me huddle in a corner of the couch, shivering in the fetal position.’
- ‘Prince began to gain a reputation as a highly charismatic, if over the top, performer: he stalked the stage in bikini briefs and high heeled boots.’
- ‘True enough, but he neglected to mention that Elvis also owned a pair of bikini briefs of many colors, not to mention 22 Cadillacs and a chimp named Scatter.’
- ‘At first, Maggie prances straight out of the pages of a lad's mag, at one point wearing bikini briefs, a cowboy shirt and a killer pair of open-toed stiletto boots.’
- ‘Inside were a lavender bra and a matching pair of bikini briefs.’
- ‘Clad in furry bikini briefs and a cape, the God of Thunder released numerous albums.’
- ‘You're only wearing a close-fitting white cotton t-shirt and bikini briefs.’
- ‘The images they singled out for criticism included the Babette creme fraiche ad and a promotion for Magnum candy bars, one of which was stuck suggestively in a model's bikini briefs under the heading ‘For Man.’’
- ‘All the play's best scenes are the ones between her and Braunstein, a man who makes a mullet haircut, hockey bedsheets and leopard-skin bikini briefs seem somehow appealing.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.