One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an environment) suitable or safe for cyclists.‘a bikeable city’‘the priority is to make neighbourhoods more bikeable’
- ‘She would like to see Jacksonville Beach become more walkable and bikeable.’
- ‘Governments, at all levels, should work to make communities more walkable, more runable, more bikable and more hikable.’
- ‘Walkable or bikeable connections between houses and schools are cheap and obvious ways to breathe life into a town and reduce auto use.’
- ‘Particular streets in New York might be redesigned, creating ‘walkable and bikable streets’.’
- ‘We supposedly live in one of the most walkable, bikable urban neighborhoods.’
- ‘The future generations want bikable, walkable communities.’
- ‘We are going to see a more liveable, walkable and bikeable Houston, and a population that is craving that and nothing less.’
- ‘Lima's walkable and bikeable coast spans four districts, each with its own character.’
- ‘The US Forest Service estimates that there are 700 miles of bikeable trails in this 1,250-square-mile backcountry.’
- ‘The most bikeable areas are in green, with the least bikeable in dark red.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.