One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an environment) suitable or safe for cyclists.‘a bikeable city’‘the priority is to make neighbourhoods more bikeable’
- ‘We are going to see a more liveable, walkable and bikeable Houston, and a population that is craving that and nothing less.’
- ‘Particular streets in New York might be redesigned, creating ‘walkable and bikable streets’.’
- ‘Lima's walkable and bikeable coast spans four districts, each with its own character.’
- ‘The future generations want bikable, walkable communities.’
- ‘Walkable or bikeable connections between houses and schools are cheap and obvious ways to breathe life into a town and reduce auto use.’
- ‘She would like to see Jacksonville Beach become more walkable and bikeable.’
- ‘The US Forest Service estimates that there are 700 miles of bikeable trails in this 1,250-square-mile backcountry.’
- ‘We supposedly live in one of the most walkable, bikable urban neighborhoods.’
- ‘The most bikeable areas are in green, with the least bikeable in dark red.’
- ‘Governments, at all levels, should work to make communities more walkable, more runable, more bikable and more hikable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.