One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crystalline compound with basic properties, made by condensation of two guanidine molecules.
- ‘Metformin is the most common type of biguanide. c.’
- ‘Metformin, a biguanide and insulin-sensitizing agent, has been used to restore menstrual cyclicity and induce ovulation in PCOS without the use of additional fertility drugs.’
- ‘Metformin is a biguanide that improves peripheral tissue sensitivity to insulin but inhibits hepatic glucose formation.’
- ‘Phenformin, another biguanide, was withdrawn from the market after a rate of 40 to 64 cases of lactic acidosis per 100,000 patient-years was reported.’
- ‘Metformin, the only biguanide currently available in the United States, can be used alone or in combination with sulfonylureas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.