Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A large, hairy apelike creature resembling a yeti, supposedly found in NW America.See also Sasquatch
- ‘First, Patterson told people he was going out with the express purpose of capturing a Bigfoot on camera.’
- ‘Shot in Bluff Creek, California, it shows a Bigfoot striding through a clearing.’
- ‘If only these creatures were, like Bigfoot, just a myth.’
- ‘Other respondees thought this predicted the appearance of Yeti or Bigfoot.’
- ‘He's the owner of a roadside stand in the middle of the Everglades, who seems involved in every sighting of Florida's Bigfoot in his area.’
- ‘Like Bigfoot, he is glimpsed only occasionally, on grainy videotape, which feeds his myth.’
- ‘So you've memorized the famous Patterson footage of a grainy Bigfoot.’
- ‘The feature that distinguishes the Bigfoot matter is the purported resemblance of this hairy creature to humans.’
- ‘Whereas creatures such as Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster may or may not be hoaxes, the Cardiff Giant certainly was a hoax.’
- ‘A large cast was made of the impression, said to contain the body print of a reclining Bigfoot.’
- ‘Like Bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster, most of the evidence for Champ's existence rests on eyewitness testimony.’
- ‘Miller is interested in the philosophical, social and metaphorical implications that the Bigfoot creature represents.’
- ‘The North American Science Institute claims it has spent over $100,000 to prove the film is of a genuine Bigfoot.’
- ‘Giant and apelike in appearance, it would be easy to mistake Bigfoot for a hairy tree or NBA player.’
- ‘But don't worry, the gigantic 15 inch footprints won't belong to the elusive Bigfoot, but Britain's tallest ever man.’
- ‘The Bigfoot myth, Nickell suggests, is fueled by human hopes and fears.’
- ‘This legendary critter has been known as the Bigfoot, Meh-Teh, and Sasquatch.’
- ‘He was dubbed the name Bigfoot for his large, muscular, body structure.’
- ‘If the Bigfoot creatures across the United States are really out there, then each passing day should be one day closer to their discovery.’
- ‘Do they represent additional evidence of the legendary Bigfoot or something else entirely?’
From the size of its footprints.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.