One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Even the Marquis himself does not know whether his son was legitimate or not; or whether his wife is a bigamist.’
- ‘Some women, hearing nothing for years, assumed that they were widows and married again, only for their soldier husbands to return from the wars, rendering them unwitting bigamists.’
- ‘But Margaret's husband had been a bigamist: did that disqualify her great-granddaughter?’
- ‘Apparently the first wives of bigamists did not always care to chase down their absconding husbands.’
- ‘Covered by a trail of new names, false claims, and new marital arrangements, deserters and bigamists often lurked just beyond the reach of the law.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.