One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Covered by a trail of new names, false claims, and new marital arrangements, deserters and bigamists often lurked just beyond the reach of the law.’
- ‘Some women, hearing nothing for years, assumed that they were widows and married again, only for their soldier husbands to return from the wars, rendering them unwitting bigamists.’
- ‘Even the Marquis himself does not know whether his son was legitimate or not; or whether his wife is a bigamist.’
- ‘Apparently the first wives of bigamists did not always care to chase down their absconding husbands.’
- ‘But Margaret's husband had been a bigamist: did that disqualify her great-granddaughter?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.