One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a late stage of pregnancy.
expecting a baby, having a baby, with a baby on the way, having a child, expectant, carrying a childView synonyms
- ‘After some months, the weary young girl, now big with child, came to the city of Torre-Longa.’
- ‘She was quite big with child, and looked to be confined every hour.’
- ‘My wife, big with child, was sitting in the rocking chair a few feet from me, and I was sitting by the table.’
- ‘If anything happens to the woman I shall impute it to him, for she was big with child.’
- ‘The woman was very big with child and rode on a donkey, and her husband went from door to door seeking shelter for his wife, but he was told at every inn that there was no vacancy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.