One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a late stage of pregnancy.
expecting a baby, having a baby, with a baby on the way, having a child, expectant, carrying a childView synonyms
- ‘After some months, the weary young girl, now big with child, came to the city of Torre-Longa.’
- ‘She was quite big with child, and looked to be confined every hour.’
- ‘My wife, big with child, was sitting in the rocking chair a few feet from me, and I was sitting by the table.’
- ‘The woman was very big with child and rode on a donkey, and her husband went from door to door seeking shelter for his wife, but he was told at every inn that there was no vacancy.’
- ‘If anything happens to the woman I shall impute it to him, for she was big with child.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.