One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The largest toe, on the inner side of the foot.‘he left the game with an injury to his right big toe’
- ‘This comment shocked Abra so much she missed her big toe and got nail polish over her foot.’
- ‘With her big toe sticking out through a hole in her white sock, she looks the role of a young housewife rather than a classy movie star.’
- ‘No more dropping the screwdriver on your big toe.’
- ‘I kneeled down so I could look at his big toe.’
- ‘We see him calmly trying to wiggle his big toe - it moves.’
- ‘Some of the symptoms of bunions include inflammation, swelling, and soreness on the side surface of the big toe.’
- ‘He stubbed his big toe and after a few hops and muffled curses he slowly made his way into the bathroom.’
- ‘Raise up on both feet, pushing through the big toes.’
- ‘A thin strap forms a "V" shape, and fits right between the big toe and the second toe.’
- ‘After death, the dead person's face is covered with a handkerchief and the big toes are tied together.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.