One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See bucksee big
- ‘It's a lot of pressure but the players know that and they get paid big bucks, so they have to put up with it - as long as it's not physical violence.’
- ‘She figured she was already in the money so why not take a shot at the big bucks.’
- ‘With big bucks shaping the industry, the emphasis shifts from drugs that cure to those that sell.’
- ‘It's easy for some people to go out and drop the big bucks on a bottle of wine, and up to a certain point, you generally get what you pay for.’
- ‘And the fans have paid big bucks to see this fight, and nothing is happening.’
- ‘And big publishers definitely want to make big bucks out of the kiddie segment.’
- ‘Free speech is of limited value when freedom to be heard requires big bucks.’
- ‘That's what your boss gets the big bucks for, so pass it on.’
- ‘We're going to show you why some bold thieves may not be making big bucks off their amazing heist.’
- ‘The world's best women tennis players gather to compete for big bucks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.