One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large sum of money.‘just showing up is worth big bickies’
fortune, considerable sum of money, large sum of money, vast sum of money, millions, billionsView synonyms
- ‘For some reason I didn't earn the big bickies, and commuting and lots of standing didn't really suit the heels.’
- ‘Both cases are big bikkies, the two largest tax cases ever to come to court here.’
- ‘If this turned out to be true, with 300 million portions of fish and chips served every year, they could be making big bickies.’
- ‘The system I am talking about building is small potatoes compared with a big telescope, but it is still big bickies here in Australia.’
- ‘To be honest, if I had to spend big bickies for a book I'd rather go the whole hog, spend a decent amount, and get a nice, special edition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.