One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The rapid expansion of matter from a state of extremely high density and temperature which according to current cosmological theories marked the origin of the universe.
- ‘This changes the whole view of the universe - big bang astronomy will never be the same.’
- ‘The big bang theory, evolution, plate tectonics, and other scientific marvels fascinated me.’
- ‘For the first third of a million years or so after the big bang, matter and energy in the universe moved in lockstep.’
- ‘From a massive explosion, the big bang, the universe started and has been expanding ever since.’
- ‘These bursts may be the universe's biggest explosions since the original big bang.’
- ‘Furthermore the big bang and the big crunch are actually the same event, just viewed from different directions.’
- ‘The big bang should have produced equal quantities of matter and antimatter.’
- ‘Cosmologists imagine the big bang theory by means of an analogy to an expanding balloon.’
- ‘Indeed, all of the matter in the universe was created in the first few moments after the big bang.’
- ‘They are the most violent events ever to have occurred in the universe, aside from the big bang itself.’
- ‘The image contains stunning detail of the universe just after the big bang.’
- ‘Gamma Ray Bursts are the most violent explosions the universe has seen since the big bang, astronomers say.’
- ‘Globally the symmetry is broken in any universe that is finite, or began with a big bang.’
- ‘Science however, has the big bang growing due only to internal factors: matter and gravity.’
- ‘In the initial stages of the big bang the universe existed in a highly compressed state.’
- ‘Some of the matter ejected by the big bang forms galaxies, like our very own milky way.’
- ‘The big bang is the cosmic event that is theorized to have marked the origin of the universe.’
- ‘Thus, the big bang was not an explosion in space; it was more like an explosion of space.’
- ‘The big bang singularity is where all the mass of the universe used to be concentrated.’
- ‘What if all the dark matter during the first few minutes after the big bang had been dark ordinary matter?’
2(in the UK) the introduction in 1986 of major changes in trading on the Stock Exchange, principally involving widening of membership, relaxation of rules for brokers, and computerization.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.