One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A high jump in sports such as skateboarding, snowboarding, and BMX.
- ‘The sixteen-year-old rode most of his runs switch, hitting both rails and big airs backwards.’
- ‘During the season, Ski Acres had constructed a big air kicker as a way of enticing snow shredders to their slopes.’
- ‘In a skateboarding game, speed and the ability to get big air on the half-pipe is important for overall gaming enjoyment.’
- ‘My only complaint is that the camera pans somewhat underneath the player on big air; this makes it very difficult to figure out if there is enough room to perform that extra flip.’
- ‘I don't do those radical moves like lots of guys are doing, like big airs or all kinds of 360's, but I believe my boards could do them.’
- ‘I would have liked to have done a big air or something, but never found the section.’
- ‘This year sees the introduction of new slope style events, big air and skier and boarder cross competitions too.’
- ‘More than 400 competitors from 40 countries will take part in half-pipe, big air, snowboard-cross, parallel giant slalom and parallel slalom.’
- ‘Their face plants were epic and frequent, but they would get up and go in search of more big air, dumping themselves off ten-foot drops, only to wind up buried in the powder, laughing.’
- ‘The training will prepare the riders for the flips and spins needed to compete in provincial half pipe, slope style and big air competitions.’
- ‘He started out as a downhill skier, but soon moved into freestyle, after he realised he preferred to spend more time in the air than on the snow - he loves big air.’
- ‘She will also compete in the big air, in which she finished second last year, and slopestyle disciplines.’
- ‘Getting big air off of a jump only to land perfectly on angle with the track on the other side of the jump is simply a blast.’
- ‘There are rollers, kickers, big air and half pipes.’
- ‘‘It pretty much started with a bunch of skiers pushing themselves more and more, who saw snowboarding and wanted to do half pipe and big airs and land fakie,’ he says.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.