One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Involving the expenditure of a large amount of money.‘the book was made into a big-budget Hollywood film’
costly, dear, high-priced, high-cost, exorbitant, extortionate, overpricedView synonyms
- ‘No one will confuse these short films with big-budget productions.’
- ‘It was famous for its big budget epics and its sophisticated leading men and women.’
- ‘It is, hands down, the best big budget film of the summer.’
- ‘The opening credits and theme are simply fantastic, equivalent to many big-budget efforts.’
- ‘They wanted to make this version of Superman a big-budget movie with an epic feel.’
- ‘This is not the best big-budget motion picture to grace multiplex screens this month.’
- ‘I was watching a big-budget Hollywood comedy.’
- ‘There are big-budget films that break box office records and wow us with special effects.’
- ‘The big-budget ocean adventure opens in the North American theatres on May 12th.’
- ‘He was never keen to make big-budget films with a huge star cast.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.