One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Double or twofold.
- ‘Today, one would look to the novel as the vehicle for this ambivalent and bifold struggle.’
- ‘This possibility is linked to the play's exploration of report, reputation and slander and its rhetorical counterpart in the consequences of the bifold authority of language in wit.’
- ‘The formerly somewhat dark Hall has been opened up to the Garden and the park by the addition of a beautiful simple room with bifold casement windows on three sides.’
- ‘At the other end, bifold louvered doors separated the dining room from the more casual family room.’
- ‘Similar techniques from social marketing and health promotion were used to develop an eight page, A4, bifold booklet designed specifically for this intervention.’
- ‘Hence he adopts an attitude to authority which is bifold - authorities may tell us truths which we cannot ourselves apprehend, or they may hoodwink us with nonsense.’
- ‘For the simplest cards, begin with purchased, single- or bifold cards.’
- ‘A bank of five bifold French doors stack to either side of the 15-foot-wide opening for a sweeping view west across the Rio Grande Valley.’
- ‘The company produced a multifaceted bifold office brochure, with CD, office tear sheets, flyers, and special project brochures.’
- ‘The lockers started as a set of ordinary hollow-core bifold closet doors.’
- ‘We produce custom made bifold entrance doors for all construction projects.’
- ‘The mission of our group is bifold.’
- ‘And I must admit from the moment we passed through the bifold doors to the rustic brick interior, service was attentive and wait time for meals minimal.’
- ‘Now one side of the laundry is closed; bifold doors hide the washer and dryer and adjacent wall cabinets.’
- ‘After repairing and replacing key house elements like windows and siding, they inserted a dormer, a porch, and a large, elegant steel-and-glass bifold door.’
- ‘The answer to the question of whether or not miracles occur is bifold in nature, analogous to a coin with two faces on it.’
- ‘A five-foot wide set of bifold doors with a wood frame would require an opening that was five-foot two-inches in width, and the height would again be 82 inches.’
- ‘The door enclosing the washer and dryer slides like a barn door, instead of the typical bifold.’
- ‘We have created a cab/chassis combination that is modified to duplicate the way retail milk has been delivered for years, a bifold side door, a sliding passage door and a large front windshield.’
- ‘Within each doorway are two tiers of double bifold blinds with moveable slats, each tier four feet tall.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.