Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The awards rotate biennially throughout different regions of the world recognizing artists who have achieved excellence in color photography.’
- ‘From then, the event has been held biennially since 1984 in a best-of-five tournament over a single day.’
- ‘These exclude two major events involving numerous painters and artists held by the city biennially and annually.’
- ‘The board shall by rule prescribe continuing education requirements, not to exceed 30 hours biennially, as a condition for renewal of a license.’
- ‘Firstly, mammography was given annually rather than biennially, as has been usual in other modern breast cancer screening trials.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.