Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A low oval basin used for washing one's genital and anal area.
- ‘The en suite bathroom has two hand basins, a bidet and a large shower unit.’
- ‘As to plumbing, the rough-in was substantially complete but there was no finished plumbing for toilets, sinks, bidets, kitchen sink or dishwasher.’
- ‘The main bathroom with six-foot bath, toilet, wash hand basin and bidet, features a white ceramic finish.’
- ‘The company carries everything from the slightly different to the really different in basins, toilets, bidets, baths, showers, fittings, accessories and bathroom storage.’
- ‘Features in the bathroom include a corner bath with an overhead shower, a bidet and a vanity dressing table.’
- ‘This is fully tiled in white and fitted with a pedestal wash hand basin, bidet and shower unit.’
- ‘Consequently, everything was new to her; the language, the food, the bidets, the trains and the drains.’
- ‘The apartment has two standout items: the wood-burning stove in her living area and a bidet in the washroom.’
- ‘The large bathroom has a bath with telephone shower attachment and front panelling, a pedestal wash-hand basin, bidet and toilet, as well as a tiled shower cubicle.’
- ‘The family bathroom is part-tiled in blue and has a grey ceramic suite - a bath with tiled surround, pedestal wash-hand basin and bidet.’
- ‘It has a bath with shower attachment, a toilet, two hand basins, bidet, cabinets with mirrored doors.’
- ‘The bathrooms have under floor heating, custom made vanities and a bidet.’
- ‘To the right is a guest toilet equipped with a ceramic hand basin, bidet and toilet.’
- ‘The master bedroom is very large with steps leading down to an en suite bathroom with bath, twin hand basins, bidet and separate shower.’
- ‘Another card from 1906 shows a young woman seated on a bidet shaped like a horse - apparently washing her genitals in an artifact of the hunt.’
- ‘The larger bathroom has a pedestal wash hand basin and step-in shower cubicle while the smaller room features a bidet, wash hand basin and toilet.’
- ‘These match the avocado suite which comprises a bath, shower, toilet, bidet and wash hand basin.’
- ‘Off this is a well appointed en suite bathroom which is fully tiled in white and fitted with a bidet, wash hand basin, and a power shower cubicle with steam room facility.’
- ‘The en suite bathroom is fully tiled in black and white and includes a wash hand basin, bidet, step-in shower unit and toilet.’
- ‘The original Georgian dressing room has been converted into a luxury en suite bathroom with a fully restored claw footed cast iron bath and a bidet.’
Mid 17th century (in the sense ‘horse’): from French, literally pony, from bider to trot, of unknown origin.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.