Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having two fused rings of atoms in its molecule.
- ‘Late eluting aromatic fractions composed predominantly of bicyclic and polycyclic aromatic compounds, namely alkyl-napthalenes and alkylindenes.’
- ‘The cyclic c-AMPB and bicyclic bc-AMPB molecules finally allow the discussion of peptide motion under the action of different constraints.’
- ‘Process for preparing homocystein analogs useful as intermediates for compounds containing a fused bicyclic ring’
- ‘Where structural features permit, bicyclic and polycyclic compounds may be formed.’
- ‘The composite elements are arranged in a bicyclic fashion which is a derivative of a purine ring system.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.