Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for mitral valve
- ‘Calcified bicuspid valves and post inflammatory valves tend to occur in patients less than 70 years.’
- ‘Contraction of the right and left atria forces blood past the right tricuspid and left bicuspid valves into the right and left ventricles, respectively.’
- ‘About 10% of bicuspid valves become significantly narrowed, resulting in the symptoms and heart problems of aortic stenosis.’
- ‘Men with aortic stenosis due to bicuspid valves develop symptoms in their 40s and 50s.’
- ‘One-half of patients with bicuspid valves develop at least mild aortic stenosis by the age of 50 years.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.