Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Convex on both sides.
- ‘Their molds demonstrate that lenses were numerous, biconvex, hexagonal in outline and arranged in an hexagonal close-packing system.’
- ‘The posterior chamber is separated from the vitreous body by a transparent biconvex lens.’
- ‘The Obolellids have a foliated, impunctate, biconvex shell.’
- ‘The described specimens are nearly equidimensional to slightly transverse in outline and moderately biconvex in profile.’
- ‘The crystalline lens, which provides approximately 30% of the refractive power, is biconvex and has the ability to change its shape to increase or decrease its focusing power.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.