One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There's something about family get-togethers that can turn even the most confident senior executives into quiet underachievers, and seemingly ‘rational’ individuals into petty bickerers.’
- ‘This towering lack of interest is quite unusual in the region, because we love to have something to bicker about and what could give us a better cause for bickering than the professional bickerers themselves.’
- ‘If you wait for all the bickerers, backbiters, and foot draggers to come to accord, you'll never get anything done.’
- ‘The aging couple are a pair of grouchy bickerers.’
- ‘From the very beginning, the anchorman ripped into the famous bickerers and was unrelenting throughout.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.