One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Repeal of the amendment would restore both federalism and bicameralism.’
- ‘Of course, a main reason for bicameralism is that an upper house is supposed to check the lower house should ‘passion’ overtake the lower house and result in ill-conceived legislation.’
- ‘Others, however, pertain to the structure of the government itself, and may not, in the first instance, have anything to do with individual rights at all, as, for example, a traditional adherence to bicameralism.’
- ‘De facto bicameralism offers a strong counterweight to any potential centralization of power.’
- ‘Since when does a Treaty have greater force than our basic constitutional principle of bicameralism?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.