One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The men are, somewhat unjustly, recognised around the world for their bibulousness, and I know that many bossy wives have made their hubbies wear panty girdles for this reason alone.’
- ‘Note also the grotesque face on the right drinking from a small keg or barrilet: indicating the sin of bibulousness.’
- ‘At the end, though, he came up with a nearly perfect miniature, and he entered the phrase ‘Lucky Jim’ into the English language, a synonym for brains, bitterness, bumbling and bibulousness.’
- ‘After about two hours of uninterrupted bibulousness, I stumble to the train.’
- ‘The problems that forced him out of the army on the West Coast centered less on bibulousness than on greed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.