One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘After about two hours of uninterrupted bibulousness, I stumble to the train.’
- ‘The men are, somewhat unjustly, recognised around the world for their bibulousness, and I know that many bossy wives have made their hubbies wear panty girdles for this reason alone.’
- ‘At the end, though, he came up with a nearly perfect miniature, and he entered the phrase ‘Lucky Jim’ into the English language, a synonym for brains, bitterness, bumbling and bibulousness.’
- ‘The problems that forced him out of the army on the West Coast centered less on bibulousness than on greed.’
- ‘Note also the grotesque face on the right drinking from a small keg or barrilet: indicating the sin of bibulousness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.