One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of books as therapy in the treatment of mental or psychological disorders.
- ‘The most prominent difference, though not statistically significant, was between totally self-administered bibliotherapy and minimal therapist contact bibliotherapy, the latter being associated with the larger effect size.’
- ‘Fourteen respondents reported utilizing education through a variety of media, including genograms, use of stories and metaphor, bibliotherapy, television, movies, music, and other expressive formats.’
- ‘This study describes how two second grade teachers along with a school counselor used bibliotherapy trade books with students within Literature Circles to build self-esteem in reading.’
- ‘Participants were randomly assigned to 10 weeks of treatment with cognitive behavioral bibliotherapy and minimal therapist support by telephone followed by a 10-week follow-up period, or to a waiting-list control group.’
- ‘In clinical bibliotherapy and bibliocounseling, skilled practitioners use therapeutic methods to help individuals experiencing serious emotional problems.’
- ‘These differences with regard to drop out from bibliotherapy are in need of further explanation.’
- ‘Strategies that may guide them in coping with problems and stresses related to adoption and attachment difficulties include age-appropriate role play, conflict resolution, creative imagery, and bibliotherapy techniques.’
- ‘One such technique is bibliotherapy which is a term first coined by Samuel Crothers many years ago.’
- ‘The focus of this study was to determine if placing a school counselor in two second grade classrooms while teachers conducted Literature Circles using bibliotherapy trade books would have an effect on student self-esteem.’
- ‘These include physical exercise, bibliotherapy and psychotherapy.’
- ‘The article concluded that bibliotherapy works most effectively when teamed with other forms of therapy - medication and counselling.’
- ‘Over 50 bibliotherapy references are also provided along with material related to building resilient families and youth.’
- ‘From the size of these correlations, the answers to compliance questions can be considered a fairly reliable data source regarding the daily practice of bibliotherapy.’
- ‘Finally, in comparing videowork to traditional bibliotherapy, it is our impression that clients do film homework more readily than book assignments.’
- ‘The number of telephone contacts and total duration of therapist contact by telephone were recorded for couples in the bibliotherapy group.’
- ‘Other effects of bibliotherapy were investigated through a set of seven outcome variables: problem status, problem distress, sexual satisfaction, intimacy, sexual arousal, self-perception, and marital satisfaction.’
- ‘This was done to enable comparison of the effects of bibliotherapy with more frequent and scheduled telephone contacts on the one hand, and the same treatment with entirely self-initiated telephone support on the other hand.’
- ‘In bibliotherapy, therapists prescribe books for modelling purposes.’
- ‘But in the past 20 years, as clinicians themselves produced self-help literature for the general public, nonfiction has become the dominant genre in bibliotherapy.’
- ‘Twenty-one couples were added to the experimental group without randomization, and received bibliotherapy with scheduled-contact telephone support as described in the Methods section.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.