Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[treated as singular] Statistical analysis of books, articles, or other publications.
- ‘Bibliomining is the application of tools from data mining and bibliometrics to discover non - trivial and useful patterns in large amounts of data.’
- ‘His recent studies on bibliometrics and social network analysis are seminal and will be quoted for years to come.’
- ‘Domain analysis is able to unite different sub-disciplines such as bibliometrics, knowledge organization, information retrieval and information literacy.’
- ‘Develop site visit strategies to assess organizations globally using bibliometrics and other science and technology indicators.’
- ‘Her research interests include applications of bibliometrics, the use of quantitative analysis to describe patterns of publication or scholarly activity.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.