One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of foretelling the future by interpreting a randomly chosen passage from a book, especially the Bible.
- ‘I'm sure that there are also detailed instructions on invoking powerful incantations, reading the I Ching, analyzing birds entrails, bibliomancy, and consulting the bumps on one's head.’
- ‘Dream initiated bibliomancy always gives me strange results.’
- ‘The book can aid in the process of bibliomancy by randomly selecting one word from a random passage taken from one or more of the available texts.’
- ‘Of course, one needn't be limited to just tarot in this sense; the I-Ching, runes, bibliomancy, cut-ups, etc. could be used in the same manner.’
- ‘‘Well, since my ability hasn't been working recently, I'm using the ancient method of divination called bibliomancy,’ she replied.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.