Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘This section focuses on resources in which materials bibliographically related to the resource are available online.’
- ‘The entire content is searchable bibliographically.’
- ‘The bibliographically minded should note that the book was first issued under the present subtitle alone.’
- ‘This English version is critically informed, bibliographically comprehensive, and clearly written.’
- ‘The following description intends to delineate quite a rich, but not bibliographically registered, resource.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.