Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to bibliography.‘researchers can now search the bibliographic records’‘detailed bibliographical references’
- ‘The authors' introduction provides an exceptionally full account of the bibliographical methodology used in the volume.’
- ‘He is known for his brilliant bibliographical studies of watermarks in paper used by Mozart.’
- ‘We need to add 950 bibliographic records to the online catalog.’
- ‘With daily updating, it is the most current indexed bibliographic database in biomedicine available today.’
- ‘These partnerships provide access from bibliographic searches to full-text journals for mutual subscribers.’
- ‘There is a bibliographic essay at the end of the volume for more details on the broad patterns described in each chapter.’
- ‘Errors in the romanization of Chinese sometimes make bibliographic information useless.’
- ‘The suffix "ana" is often used for collected items of information, especially anecdotal or bibliographical.’
- ‘We also use bibliographic indexes on CD.’
- ‘The entries contain very exhaustive bibliographical material.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.