Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘He was a very scholarly bibliographer, with a remarkable flair for collecting valuable first editions; when really desperate he would sell some of these to stave off poverty.’
- ‘Collection development librarians and bibliographers work with departmental faculty in order to assure that collections reflect institutional research and teaching priorities.’
- ‘The descriptive bibliographer will, typically, describe the title page of a book or a musical edition, including such elements as printed borders and other decorative devices, typography, and content.’
- ‘There were complaints from libraries and bibliographers that the Bulletin's full title was too clumsy.’
- ‘An awesome academic and bibliographer in the social sciences, he was also a palpable influence in my becoming a librarian.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.