Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for India paper
- ‘It is printed on Bible paper with gilt edges and bound in either French Morocco or Calfskin leather.’
- ‘This paperback features high quality white Bible paper and make a great low cost high quality Bible to give away or keep handy for casual reading.’
- ‘About half the paper is made in Russia and over the past few years the Bible Society has worked closely with Russian paper scientists to develop a high quality Bible paper.’
- ‘The Bible Society imports about 1 000 tons of Bible paper per year at a cost of between R14 and R15 million, depending on the exchange rate.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.