One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The school head is an ardent Bible-believer.’
- ‘Sometimes there are solid, faithful Bible believers teaching in one department, who feel unable or unwilling to influence what is being taught in other courses.’
- ‘The counselors were good role models: staunch Bible believers and very skilled at outdoor life.’
- ‘Most Bible believers are wisely either skeptical or suspicious regarding that which they cannot read.’
- ‘Bible believers are constantly bombarded by Greek experts, who claim to have special insight to the hidden nuggets of the Greek New Testament.’
- ‘Bible believers should be wary of rushing in with comments about the serpent in Genesis.’
- ‘The US newspaper The New York Times has not had a recent history of portraying Bible-believers in a fair light.’
- ‘While this desire to humiliate Bible believers has not died down, the specific arguments have shifted.’
- ‘The attitude toward these early Bible-believers was one of outright ridicule.’
- ‘Understandably, some perplexity might be expected in the minds of Bible believers reading these news reports.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.