Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for bibcock
- ‘A solid brass bib tap is being used with a Hepworth push fit wall plate elbow.’
- ‘Wall mounted individual taps are called bib taps and taps fixed to the basin itself are called pillar taps.’
- ‘A thermal insulator is used between the bib tap and standpipe body and the pipes are covered with polyethylene insulation.’
- ‘Timeless design and finish of bib taps make them a most sought after bathroom fitting.’
- ‘High neck bib taps also add that authentic touch in a more traditional setting, particularly in an unfitted, modular kitchen which emulates the look of a bygone era.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.