One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A narrow strip of fabric cut obliquely and used to bind edges or for decoration.
- ‘Eliminate facings that can get twisted, don't stay tucked in or bind at the neckline - use a bias binding to finish the edges.’
- ‘This gives a nice finish to a vest and you can opt for many different bindings from simple bias binding to ultra-leather binding, to stretch velvet.’
- ‘Sew bias binding along the top edges of the large pockets.’
- ‘Trim the neckline with a bias binding to match the skirt fabric.’
- ‘I have just enough of the three fabrics left to make a bias binding and have decided how I want to finish it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.