One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of two wires between an amplifier and a loudspeaker to operate the low- and high-frequency speaker circuits separately.
- ‘Thus, in principle, it seems possible that bi-wiring may alter the system's frequency response.’
- ‘We began experimenting with bi-wiring back in the early '80s, an era when horizontal bi-amplification was considered the ultimate way to drive quality loudspeakers.’
- ‘I presume not since the point of bi-wiring is to keep the bass and treble separate.’
- ‘The jumpers connecting the the two pairs of binding posts fitted at the factory must be removed for bi-wiring.’
- ‘I consider bi-wiring a gimmick unless you are going to use two amplifiers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.