One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of two amplifiers for high- and low-frequency ranges in an audio circuit.
- ‘With bi-amping, two amplifiers or power amplifiers are used on one pair of speakers.’
- ‘I simply had the misconception that bi-amping implied bypassing the crossover, but it was clearly not the case.’
- ‘To understand how bi-amping improves sound, it's important to understand the way overdrive works on a guitar signal, beyond the way that distortion increases with input signal strength.’
- ‘I also do not know exactly what benefits you get from bi-amping with two channels of the same amp.’
- ‘Vertical bi-amping thus needs two completely identical stereo amps, one for the right speaker, one for the left.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.