One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One of the Bihari group of languages, spoken mainly in western Bihar and eastern Uttar Pradesh (northern India).
- ‘While English is the official language, French, Creole, Bhojpuri and Urdu are widely spoken.’
- ‘Arabic, Yoruba, Bhojpuri, Urdu and other languages are used in religious contexts, and the traditional Christmas music called parang is sung in Spanish.’
- ‘During my concerts in the United States the audience wanted me to sing in Bhojpuri.’
- ‘Hindi, Bhojpuri, and Maithili are widely spoken in the Terai.’
- ‘‘This is the first time there is a Bhojpuri pop song, with no double meanings,’ he assures.’
- ‘Equally at ease with singing in Punjabi, Hindi, Gujarati, Bhojpuri and even Arabic, Harjeet says he learnt to survive early on in his career by never saying no.’
- ‘The Indians came from Eastern Uttar Pradesh and Western Bihar, an area known as Bhojpuri's Belt - Bhojpuri being a regional dialect of Hindi.’
- ‘If you knew a few prayers - in Bhojpuri, not Sanskrit - you said you were a Brahmin.’
- ‘The Bhojpuri songs are still sung, albeit with local influences.’
- ‘Since she does not know any language except Bhojpuri, it will definitely add a lot of charm.’
- ‘I know some Bhojpuri songs that are not even remembered in India.’
- ‘He released baithak gana and ghazal albums, and popularised Bhojpuri music all over the Caribbean.’
- ‘Other languages include Maithili, Bhojpuri, Tharu, Tamang, Newari, and Abadhi.’
- ‘And they showed him where they belong to with their music that was a harmonious mix of Bhojpuri, African, Latino and even Bollywoodi!’
- ‘The tradition is still popular in countries such as Mauritius and Guyana, which have Bhojpuri communities in substantial numbers, as well as in 18 Indian states.’
- ‘They were taken aback when he talked back in fluent Bhojpuri!’
- ‘Bhalla added that French, English, Hindi and Bhojpuri languages were also spoken apart from Creole by the 12 lakh people of this nation.’
Relating to Bhojpuri.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.